Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wired for War by PW Singer

This is an incredible book. It deals with every aspect of the arrival of robots at war: indeed it is subtitled The Robotics Revolution and Conflict in the 21st Century. For lots of people I know it would be riveting reading because it is all about technologies of the imminent future. Singer talks about everything from the hardware to ethics, to legal rights of robots to roboticising people – one possibility is implanting a chip in a person’s brain so they can just download a book. I wished I’d had that for this book because the complexity and depth of information is such that I’ve already forgotten most of it, fascinating though it was. Singer’s style is readable and free flowing. I really recommend this book to people interested in science fiction, the future, technology and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment