Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dominion by CJ Sansom

I got tricked into reading this book by the bookseller’s blurb. It’s a thriller, plain and simple, set in a sort of historical context. The premise is that England capitulated to Hitler early in the piece and World War II never eventuated. The whole of Europe has become a fascist state and while nominally independent, Britain is completely under the thumb of Germany. Against this backdrop, the protagonist David gets caught up in the Resistance movement and is called upon to help rescue an old school friend who has important secrets that both the Germans and the British fascists want to get hold of. The story revolves around getting this man, Frank Muncaster, safely to America. I got quite bored towards the end and began flipping pages – except it’s on my kindle so I should say clicking pages I suppose. I found it a silly and unrewarding read.

No comments:

Post a Comment